"A short trip to Acoma Pueblo" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Things to Do Tip by kymbanm

New Mexico Things to Do: 276 reviews and 604 photos

A simple scene at Acoma
by kymbanm

Acoma Sky City is a wonderful partial day trip, or a nice stop to or from somewhere else .......... At about an hour from Albuquerque, a little longer of a drive from Gallup ... and about 20-25 miles south of I-40 the location is easy to get to from either directon.

The drive down I-40 is beautiful, and a worthy way to spend the day ....... red bluffs, black boulders, and beautiful southwestern brush frame the freeway .......

You do have afew choices on how to approach Sky City ...... I understand exit 108 will take you down some dirt and rough roads / Exit 102 will drive you right by the Casino and hotel / Exit 96 takes you through some residential areas ..... your choice, but I usually take 102 so I can cruise by the firestation and wave :)

Acoma is beautiful - culturally AND artistically. The scenery is spiritually centering and awe-inspiring. I love taking the tour at least once a year - for each tour teaches me something different about this proud culture.

Directions: About 50 miles east of Albuquerque on I-40. Take exit 102 (by the Sky City casino) and follow the signs to Sky City Visitor Center
Website: http://www.acomazuni.com/acoma.cfm

• Written Jul 14, 2005

Comments

kymbanm Used To Live Here!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to New Mexico?