"Check out Echo Park, esp. b4 Dodger game" Top 5 Page for this destination Echo Park Tip by marinarena
Echo Park, Los Angeles: 4 reviews and 10 photos
Indeed, it is not the first choice area to see in Los Angeles but Echo Park is in the vicinity where locals and tourists alike travel -either for a Dodger game on Chavez Ravine, for fun at nearby Griffith Park and the L.A. Zoo, touring Hollywood or for cruising along Sunset Blvd.
Echo Park is most known for its most attractive neighborhood feature, the Echo Park Lake. This is the scene where violently beautiful water spring and collide filling the L.A sky. Families, friends and lovers enjoy the lake for a picnic and paddle boat rides. Huge crowds fill up the park area to see the largest bed of lotus flowers in the nation.
Echo Park, the neighborhood is largely Latino, mainly of Mexican decent. However, other ethnic groups and races are adding to the mix. I look forward to future visits here, especially for restaurants (like Masa in restaurant tips) and viewing spray paint art on building walls (as seen here). As a visitor, stick to coming here during the day but if coming at night for a restaurant or Dodgers game, just make sure to practice your street smarts. It is not the safest of neighborhoods, however, police presence is strong and for Dodger games, there has been added security procedures and safeguards. As a young woman, I have been here at night and have had no problems.
More Off The Beaten Path in Los Angeles (34)
More Reviews (200)
- See All Get From Terminal to Terminal with LAX...
- See All Have a Clean, Sweet Slice of Tomato Pie
- See All Appreciate Architecture of DTLA...
- See All Roll Down Robertson for Lux Fash
- See All Discover Culture & Events on the...
- See All (Re)Discover Historic Shrine
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels