The Ninth Cafe - Soi Lang Suan: "Gowns and Food Next Door" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Restaurant Tip by Bangkokjoe

Bangkok Restaurants: 1,274 reviews and 1,987 photos

The Ninth, Soi Lang Suan
by Bangkokjoe

I love people who open up businesses and understand their clientele. Not only do they make more money but they keep their punters happy to boot. Mr Somboon who owns the Ninth Clothing Boutique understands me alright.

While my loverly is doing dresses with her mates, me and my missus' mates? mate ( ? )can be reading the magazines next door slurping on a dry white and picking at some Thai sausage, or nibbling on other tasty snacks. We?ve only ever been in on early evenings after a ?tough day? traipsing around looking at clothes. I say a day, I mean about fifteen minutes.

Favorite Dish: Lunches are good homely Thai food dishes, though a bit pricier than the run of the mill place offering the same dishes. It won?t bother the clientele that Somboon?s wife is targeting to fund the gown purchasing goings on next door.

Wholesome Thai food, pleasant surroundings and a good location.

Address: Half way down / up Soi Lang Suan,
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Soi Lang Suan runs between Central Dept Store, Chidlom, and Soi Sarasin, Lumpini Park. An upmarket avenue of about 800m.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jul 17, 2005

Have you been to Bangkok?