"Service-wise Nothing Was A Problem" K+K Hotel Opera Tip by johngayton

K+K Hotel Opera, Budapest: 2,469 reviews and 5 photos

Hotel Frontage
by johngayton

You can look up the amenities etc on the kk website, these are as described. What stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, in every department. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable with all the facilities which you would expect of a good city hotel.

Unique Qualities: My favourite experince was on my first full day - I decided to sleep late, put out the "do not disturb" sign and didn't get up till gone midday.

Having made myself a coffee - they actually have such in-room facilities, I phoned down for the iron and ironing board, which arrived in minutes. Pressing out the travel creases from my clothes there was all of a sudden a stream of various housemaids - "Can we make your room up sir?" "Can we restock your minibar?" Everything was done with smiles.

The cleaning is definetly the most thorough I've come across - no corner was untouched - quite often when I stay in what purports to be a quality hotel, I find that when I have a soak in the bath I can see under the sink and wish I couldn't! In this hotel even the stainless steel u-bend under the sink had been polished.

Within a day the night porter knew my room number and had my key ready when I came in, "Evening sir, have you had a pleasant night?"

I had a problem using my British mobile - a phone call to reception sorted that, they knew what codes I had to use. Room service was prompt, the food excellent.

Definetly a perfect hotel for the money.

Address: Revay Utca 24, , Budapest 1065
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Find the Opera House and the hotel is on a side street at the left. The Opera metro station is 2 minutes walk.
Phone: +36 1 269 02022
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.kkhotels.com

• Updated Jan 22, 2011

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Budapest?