"Visit Petrin Hill" Petrin Tip by Dana_cz
Petrin, Prague: 39 reviews and 41 photos
Visit Petrin Hill with its mini "Eiffel Tower" on top. You will be able to enjoy beautiful views of Prague, walk around the nice park, and take advantage of some fun activities, some of which are perfect for kids - in case you have yours with you and don't know how to keep them entertained.
Getting up and down the hill
A nice way to organize this outing is to take tram 6, 9, 12, 20, 22 or 23 to the stop called Ujezd, get off there and take the funicular that starts from Ujezd and goes up the hill. You will need to use a public transport ticket (the transfer one for 20 CZK), which you can buy at the funicular departure point. Get off at the very top (it's the second stop - the first one is halfway up the hill). Once you're done visiting the Petrin area, you can take the funicular back, but it is nicer and more interesting to follow one of the trails that lead to the Prague Castle or the Strahov Monastery (flat or downhill).
What to do on Petrin
These are some of the activities that you can do on Petrin hill:
- Climb the Petrin tower for beautiful views of Prague. Don't be mislead by its perceived hight - it only takes four minutes to climb the stairs to the observation point.
- Visit the rose garden
- Visit the observatory
- Visit the Jara Cimrman exhibition below the tower. Jara Cimrman is a celebrated Czech inventor who in fact never existed. Cimrman was recently voted by the Czechs as the largest Czech in the history of the nation. Not surprising if you are familiar with the Czech character... The vote was scratched and remained unofficial due to Cimrman's non-existence.
- Have a hot dog and beer in the buffet below the tower
For kids (and not only for them):
- Visit the mirror maze with its wildly entertaining distorting mirrors
- Take a ride around the park in a pony-drawn carriage. This is very cheap, very silly, and just one of those things that you'd only do when on vacation.
For kids only:
- Put your kid on a pony ride
More Reviews (4)
Dana_cz's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels