"Architectural Genius" Chrysler Building Tip by wreckloose
Chrysler Building, New York City: 80 reviews and 132 photos
- One of the first large buildings to use metal extensively on the exterior, the building's ornament makes reference to the automobile.
- Tallest building in the world from 1930 - 1931; surpassed by the Empire State Building. (It is still the tallest brick building in the world.).
- Even though Chrysler lost control of the building in the fifties, the landmark still maintains its original name.
- At one point 3000 construction workers were simultaneously working on the tower.
- Replaced The Trump Building as the city's and the world's tallest building after an intense competition for greatest height.
Address: 405 Lexington Ave.
Directions: Bordered by E 42nd, E 43rd and Lexington Ave.
Phone: (212) 682-3070
More Reviews (12)
- See All Sneaker Freakers PT II
- See All Less crowded place for drinks
- Air Raid Siren?
- Break out the walking shoes.
wreckloose's Related Pages
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels