VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Umer :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Favorite Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio General: 152 reviews and 154 photos

UMER (Pakistaniguy) FROM LAHORE, PAKISTAN
by matcrazy1

Fondest memory: No doubt, meeting Umer (Pakistaniguy ) from Lahore, Pakistan was one of my fondest memory of Valeggio sul Mincio. I wanted to meet this young guy a lot for longer time. He was the first VT-member who sent me a postcard, I received on 25 July 2002 and that beautiful postcard was sent from very exotic and far from me Pakistan. Then we started to e-mail and share our views... He moved to Switzerland to study there and he started to travel a lot. He visited Poland when... I was in the USA :-(.

He is the youngest Pakistani (born 1981) to visit 50 countries - impressive! Click here for the Newsweek Article and his views as a traveller. I proposed Umer to pick him up by my car from the railway station in nearby (13 km) Peschiero del Garda. I drove there a day before to check where the railway station was.

I was very curious whom I would meet in real. The train from Venice came on time and I easily recognized Umer. First natural smiles and welcome hugs made things easier, we were talking all the way to Valeggio + listening new CD of Umer. Haha, I found Umer a very nice, amusing, well-traveled, always ready to help and very gently/kind guy who liked to pose (always with black glasses on) for pictures with all other VT-ers :-).

Umer, your country should be proud of you. Thank you very much for your great company and... let's meet again here or there :-).

• Updated Jul 2, 2005

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?