North Pond: "Lincoln Park-American in a lovely setting" Top 5 Page for this destination North Pond Tip by Dabs

North Pond, Chicago: 2 reviews and 3 photos

Lisa (shekaago) at North Pond
by Dabs

I enjoyed everything about the dining experience at North Pond, one of the nicest dining locations in the city, located in Lincoln Park on the North Pond (not a stretch to figure out where the name comes from), the beautiful arts and crafts interior decor, the welcoming staff.

There are two dining areas at North Pond, if I had known the dining configuration I would have requested a window table for the view over north pond when I made my reservation through Open Table . There is no al fresco dining here but when the weather is more agreeable than it was today they do open the windows for a fresh breeze.

Attractions near North Pond are the Lincoln Park Zoo, Notebaert Nature Museum, Lincoln Park Conservatory

Favorite Dish: Meals are prepared with fresh seasonal organic ingredients. We went for lunch which has a more limited menu, more reasonable prices and smaller portions but they were just the right size for lunch (no doggie bags).

We started with a salmon arugala appetizer which had an interesting flavor but I don't know that I would order it again.

My entree was a bacon cheddar sandwich on sourdough with carmelized onions and horseradish which was a very nice flavor combination.

Lunch for two with one appetizer, entrees, a glass of wine, tax and tip was $65, dinner will be at least double that.

Address: 2610 N. Cannon Dr., Lincoln Park
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 151 bus from Michigan Avenue, get off at Arlington/Stockton
Phone: 1 773-477-5845
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: American
Website: http://www.northpondrestaurant.com/

• Written Jun 30, 2005

Comments

Dabs Lives Here!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?