Cafe: "At the place of the worst reputation!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tangier Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1

Tangier Restaurants: 35 reviews and 49 photos

by matcrazy1

A day before the visit to Tangier we stayed at Ceuta. Urszula, my wife, read in our travel book and told me where not to stop in Tangier. Reffering to the book the worst reputation had the Petit Socco (the Little Square) in the medina where drug deals are made, human smuggling planned and prostitution performed.

That's why... I stopped in that coffee shop in the Petit Socco. Hmm... we didn't spot any of the above activities, drank a coffee and juice and gave up. Although a young guy behind me told me something more than bounjour in French but I couldn't understand it. There are only a few small, uncomfortable chairs and tables put on the narrow and busy main street but exclusively in front of just that coffee shop.

Favorite Dish: Only coffee and orange juice with ice. The best dish was... watching hundreds of locals and visitors walking in front of us and a lot of good laugh about the place of the worst reputation in Tangier :-).

Address: Petit Socco, Tangier
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Along the main medina street, half a way between the Grand Socco and the Kasbah.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Updated Oct 23, 2006

More Restaurants in Tangier (1)

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Tangier?