"luxury and pets! a fabulous indulgence :)" Le Meridien New Orleans Tip by chad-roscoe

Le Meridien New Orleans, New Orleans: 577 reviews and 3 photos

Lovely hotel in a great location. We ended up there because they allowed pets. No one even flinched as I walked into the lobby with a dog on a leash and my husband and I each carrying a squirming cat wrapped in a towel.
No one balked at our request for no room cleaning either. So we could go out and leave the pets safely behind.
Our room was lovely, the nicest I've ever been in. Also, next to the hotel is a famous New Orleans eatery with excellent PoBoys and southern cooking.
It was expensive, and we chose it for the pet acceptance soley, otherwise we would've gone cheaper, but it was a great visit and well worth the money.

Unique Qualities: It has a nice pool/spa/gym. The best thing for me was that the rooms are soundproofed. My lil' Chad is a barker, especially in unfamiliar situations, but out in the hall all we heard was a muffled "oof..." barely audible.
Funky cool new wave lobby with books to read.
One downside was that some of the guests had an over-indulgent sense of self-worth, and so would try to interrupt any conversations with staff, especially at the front desk, because their need for a postcard stamp outweighs the needs of others eve those checking in who are also laiden with pets, and etc.. They may also feel more entilted to your cab, even though the staff called it for you. For me, a shy, non-entilted person, it was a challenge to say, "That's my cab," but I did. ;)
Also, you must have them valet your car, which you may or may not like, so call for it about 20 minutes before you need it. But in New Orleans, just ask them to get you cabs. It's quicker and easier.
Ooo! check the website; they've got good deals now!
Have fun!

Address: 333 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 504-525-9444
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.starwoodspecialoffers.com/w_neworleans/SO.aqf?EM=PP_SOP_TAB_WH_2030&

• Written Jun 27, 2005

“oh what heights we'll hit... on with the show this is it~”

Ranked Member

Have you been to New Orleans?