"The best holidays are free!" El Bulli Hotel - Hacienda Benazuza Tip by JessH

El Bulli Hotel - Hacienda Benazuza, Sevilla: 72 reviews and 4 photos

Postcard from Hacienda Benazuza

Postcard from Hacienda Benazuza
    by JessH
      Pure relaxation in beautiful surroundings
      Location map of Hacienda Benazuza
      Images from Hacienda Benazuza brochure
    by JessH

Yes, I admit it: My boyfriend and I are the kind of people you may hate because they *always* win competitions. Well, living in Dubai we have so many opportunities to enter into competitions & raffle draws. It's not our fault!!!
And so it came to be that we were having dinner at one of our favourite restaurants (Seville's in Dubai), entered a competition and won 3 days/2 nights plus flight on Lufthansa!

The history of the Hacienda Benazuza, an ancient Moorish farmhouse built in the 11th century, is closely linked to those who have owned it throughout the centuries, such as the Counts of Benazuza, the Order of St James or the Pablo-Romero cattle-raising family. In 2000, the owners formed an association with El Bulli for the technical-gastronomic operations.

We packed our bags & headed off 2 weeks before Christmas. Admittedly, weatherwise this is not the best season to visit Spain, but it was lovely nonetheless. Overly-ripe oranges still hung on trees all around the grounds smelling wonderful, and the constant refreshing rainshowers were a welcome change for us from living in the desert!

In this "low season" we were actually the only people staying at the hotel and had the attention of the entire staff for ourselves, so someone always had time for a chat while we were sipping our hot chocolate with brandy (Single Malt Whisky for John) and smoking cigars in their "smoking & riders chamber", filled with reminders of Seville's proud horse-breeding & cattle-raising days.
The hotel's architecture is the famous mix of Spanish & Moorish styles, with bold colours & beautiful courtyards and gardens. It was also strange for us to see palmtrees in Spain... how unexpectefd!

All in all, I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford to go there again, but if you have the cash and are looking for a truly unique experience, I recommend it!

Unique Qualities: We stayed in a "regular" room, which was magnificent with a huuuuge bed and lovely bathroom with old-fashioned bath tub and gold-plated taps (that comfortably seats two... ;-)
We were also given a tour of the hotel by one of the chamber maids, and saw the luxury suites... now THIS is the LIFE! "Extremely posh, darlings!"

Address: C/ Virgen de las Nievas s/n
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 0034 955 703 344
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

JessH

“I've packed my bags, I'm ready to go... ... ...”

Have you been to Sevilla?