"Zip Line through the Canopy" Zipline Tip by antelope01

Zipline, Costa Rica: 14 reviews and 38 photos

Rappelling (about 85 ft)
by antelope01

The zip line canopy tour is another one I highly recommend. It's more a thrill trip than a sightseeing one though. And a thrill it is! Wow! I think the name our our tour company was Safari. They say they are the biggest and safest. It was great. There were about 10 lines and 3 rappells. If you are afraid of heights, you'll be scared. Do it anyway. You won't regret it. We did see a poison-dart frog, which was really cool. The place is about 45 minutes from Quepos. The guides stop every now and then to pick a leaf or point out wildlife. Very informative. Did you know that Henna tatoo ink is made from the leaves of Teak trees? Me either. There is a professional photographer with a digital SLR camera. I wouldn't take a camera with you. You might lose it or break it. The pictures will be put on a CD and delivered to your hotel. They cost $25/person, but the CD has at least 30 pictures of you on it, as well as about 100 hundred amazing pictures of wildlife, sunsets, plants and animals. We almost didn't do it, but we were really happy that we did after we got the pictures. It's worth it, believe me.

Costs about US $65/person. Again, try to book the trip yourself instead of letting your hotel do it. You may get a better rate. They feed you an authentic Costa Rican meal at the end too, which was great.

Directions: Downtown Quepos (the office is)

• Written Jun 25, 2005

Comments

antelope01

“Let me live while I'm young!”

Have you been to Costa Rica?