"Good option for budget visitors" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel El Bahia Tip by matcrazy1

Hotel El Bahia, Agadir: 14 reviews and 6 photos

EL BAHIA HOTEL, INSIDE OUR ROOM
by matcrazy1

With a leaflet (hotel list) from tourist information office we were driving around Agadir over 3 hours looking for any clean, nice and inexpensive (!) room and we finally found El Bahia Hotel.

We got a discount: 30% off the regulare price. As I remember well, the hotel cost us somewhat $15 per night per room which was very good price that time.

Our nice little room with small shower was perfectly clean and equiped with TV set and phone. A wash-stand and bidet were located... inside the room. The lobby looked not fancy but nice.

GENERAL INFO
Most visitors to Agadir buy package tours and stay in fancy hotels along beach. I checked a few of them and they were either fully booked or wanted always over $70 per night (October 1998), mostly over $100. Each day I parked my car at the hotel El Tikida Beach Agadir parking lot and I was going through the hotel to the beach. The fancy hotel was very clean. Its pools and gardens with waterfalls looked amazing. It offered a small, fenced private beach as well. I would like to live there. In 1998 it was the most southern located hotel along the beach, that was in more quiet area of beach.

For budget visitors the best option is to look for an inexpensive hotel in the area south of CTM bus station.

Unique Qualities: - good location for budget visitors = just by a square witch cheap local restaurants (but far, at least 20 - 30 min. on foot, from a beach),
- satellite television with English, German and... POLISH POLSAT TV (what a surprise!)
- very helpful, english speaking staff,
- guarded parking (1$/night) in front of a hotel,
- nice hotel yard with tables and comfortable airmchairs,
- quite many backpackers from Western Europe to meet (I met Brits driving cars to Mauritania and Senegal/Gambia :-)

Address: Rue El Monsour
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In southeastern corner of a square south of CTM Bus Station, opposite to the cinema.
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Nov 5, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Agadir?