"Great Hotel in a Great Location" Hotel Das Tigra Tip by ErinInMD

Hotel Das Tigra, Vienna: 782 reviews and 1 photos

View from room in BW Hotel Tigra
by ErinInMD

I would highly recommend Hotel Tigra to anyone who is visiting Vienna and wants to be close to all the main attractions. The hotel is right in the first district which couldn't be better.

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spacious and you're within walking distance to the trams that take you around the Ringstrasse (among other places).

The room price is about average for a hotel in Vienna (which tend to run on the pricey side).

Mozart once stayed at the Hotel Tigra. You may get a funny look if you say you're staying at a hotel on Tiefer Graben. Apparently (from what my friend who lives there says), there's an 'hourly' hotel on the same street that is quite famous for being the place where important people carry out their affairs. Who knew.

Unique Qualities: There are air conditioned AND non-air conditioned rooms. Be careful when you make your reservation that you choose correctly. It was incredibly hot when I was in Vienna, so the AC was nice.

The rooms have a modern touch with a built in radio, high speed internet connection and a very large bathroom. The toilet is in it's own room. There's plenty of space to unpack and store your clothes. There is plenty of lamps and the bed lights are quite cute (sorry, I'm a girl!) and have a swivel-type head so you can direct the light where you want it.

There's an incredible breakfast buffet every morning. It includes different juices, coffee, eggs, bacon, various meats/cheeses, many different breads, cereals, and cakes. I know I'm probably forgetting something. As a vegetarian, I found it to have enough options for me (I'm lacto-ovo).

Address: Tiefer Graben 14-20
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From West Highway A1 Direction City Center:
Follow The Ring until Schottenring and then turn right into Borsegasse and then right into Tiefer Graben. *Tiefer Graben is a one-way street*

Phone: 1-53396410
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=89059

• Updated Jun 23, 2005

“If it's on a map, I want to see it!”

Have you been to Vienna?