The New York City Ballet: "Men gliding in gay little tights" New York City Nightlife Tip by chodearm

New York City Nightlife: 819 reviews and 757 photos

I work close to a ballet school and see girls with their hair coiled into a bunion on the backside of their heads nearly everyday. I've seen the little slippers, I have practiced my own piroets, and I studied Degas' pieces illustrating the comparisons of a ballet performer to a working machine or a horse. I had a pre-concieved idea of what a ballet would be like and just never put any interest into getting to one. Yuki bought some tickets to a MIDSUMMER NIGHT DREAM a ballet being performed at Licoln Center. To start we grabbed two glasses of some wine in the lobby and had to swig it like a shot, due to "NO DRINKS IN THE THEATRE". Now feeling the light-headedness we took our seats. The interior was impressive, and I wondered where to purchase such long expanses of fabric like that curtain that soon pulled to the sky's in front of us. Men in little dainty tights and woman with snakes coiled up on their heads came flying out and gracefully floated all over the stage for about 2 hours all the while portraying this Shakespear classic to classical music. The gliding settled down into my emotions and now easily you might hear a sensitive "I LOVE THE BALLET" from these soft lips. I got gaybies.

Address: Upper West side, New York City, New York
Directions: Lincoln Center, take the 1 or 9 to 66th street
Theme: Theater

• Written Jun 23, 2005

More Nightlife in New York City (1)

“Put me elsewhere.”

Have you been to New York City?