The Opposition: "Eating Italian" Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Restaurant Tip by Mariajoy

Brighton Restaurants: 136 reviews and 140 photos

Opposition window
by Mariajoy

We were on our way to a gig in Brighton but decided to go early and eat first. There's loads of places to eat in this town on a warm summer's evening and this place seemed to be VERY popular. They were doing a special evening promotion of pasta or a 12" pizza for 3.00GBP.

We had the pasta, followed by a HUGE piece cake for pudding, which surprisingly neither of us could finish. So we wrapped it up and took it home. Wellllll... it was too good to leave!

With coffee (and 10% service charge) our meal came to 22.00GBP for two.

There is only ONE ladies loo here, it's upstairs and on a busy summer evening there was a queue. Not really adequate facilities.

They are open 7 days a week from 7.00am-11.00pm

Favorite Dish: I had the banoffee pie (toffee and banana). It was fabulous but toooooo big! If I went again I would JUST have the coffee and cake and forget the pasta.

This was an authentic family run Italian place - with a name like *Opposition* I imagined it would have a much more urban trendy kinda feel but infact the decor was more homely/rustic. It was obviously very popular, and the waiters were rushed off their feet. Big Ol' Italian Mama sat at the cash register keeping a watchful eye on the proceedings.

Address: 41 Market Street Brighton
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Italian

• Updated Apr 24, 2006

Have you been to Brighton?