"THINGS ARE LOOKING UP...LITERALLY!" architecture Tip by themajor
architecture, Vienna: 35 reviews and 102 photos
Indeed they are! For this tip isn't so much 'off the beaten path' as 'totally above it'. In a city like Vienna where you are overwhelmed by the beauty of so many of the buildings, it's obvious that during the course of your sightseeing you're bound to be miss something...and I don't mean the final sitting for breakfast or the last tram home! There's nothing wrong in missing out some of the sights. After all it's nice not to rush your visit and turn it into a mad race to complete a touristy checklist...and it's always good to leave something special to look forward to on return trips. So I have plenty of museums and palaces that I have yet to prance around and, yes, one day I really will take a spin in a fiaker. However, it's amazing how much you miss even in the places you have visited. My advice is this...
1. Remove your solartopi or similarly wide-brimmed headgear.
2. Tilt head upwards approximately 10-20 degrees.
3. Examine your surroundings ABOVE street level.
...and there you have it! Twice the fun at no extra charge!!
More Reviews (37)
- See All FOOD FOR THOUGHT - EAT IN THE MUSEUM!
- See All RED ARMY MEMORIAL:UNFORGETTABLE OR BEST...
- See All CIVIC PRIDE VIENNESE STYLE!
- See All DON'T BE A SISSI! WHY NOT STAY HERE?
- THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!
themajor's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels