"If you want to do a little..." Sweden Favorite Tip by Bagillbaer

Sweden General: 181 reviews and 180 photos

Favorite thing: If you want to do a little bike tour (3-4 days) I can recommend the so called <B><BIG>Åsnen Runt</BIG></B> beginning and ending in <B>Växjö</B>. It goes round the many lakes of that area and isn't too mountaineous (hardly at all in fact).
I think it's also doable for families.
If you decide to take the tour, go to the Tourist Information in Växjö and ask for the Åsnen Runt-bike map. Be sure to get the <I>bike map</I>, there are different ones available!!! All accommodation is marked on the map - mainly camping sites, but often you can rent a little hut there.
There could only be one problem: The bikes. We hired our bikes from a local Red Cross-workshop (or whatever... you'll recognize their bikes from the red tapes on white ground). They weren't really good. The handlebars of my friend's bike simply broke off on the last few kilometres (luckily on the last few!!!) and the gearshifting was dead from the start...
So you might better find another bike hire or bring your own bikes along.

Fondest memory: Already mentioned one above, but of course there are many great memories of Sweden. Like the one time when we lost our way and drove a good deal into a forest... which was sooo beautiful that we enjoyed the extra-way (although we had rather sh*tty weather most of the time).

• Updated Aug 24, 2002

“do whatever U wanna do, just as long as U don`t hurt anybody”

Have you been to Sweden?