Arizona Bar & Restaurant: "Mouthwatering Mexican Munchies" Top 5 Page for this destination The Diner Tip by Mariajoy

The Diner, London: 4 reviews and 6 photos

Hot stuff!
by Mariajoy

On the hottest day of the year that London has seen, my friend and I decided that a Mexican restaurant would be the best option for a lunch venue. Don't think about it... it defies logic :)) It caters for vegetarians and as we are both vegetarians it seemed like a good idea.

Inside the restaurant it was cool dark and shady and although lots of the dishes on the menu were hot and spicy, we still managed to find some that weren't.

The service was very good (but they still added 1.50GBP service charge on to the bill - just in case we thought it wasn't and were not intending to leave a tip).

Oh yes.... the loos here aren't fantastic - only 2 out of the three doors have locks and only ONE out of three had loo paper...... harass your friend to chuck you some over the partition (but this only works if you are a girly and HAVE to go to the loo in twos).

Oh and one more thing.... if you own a restaurant and are reading this.... I think you should give you cooks/chefs a pay rise if they have to work in appalling heat during the summer. On the way to the loo, I noticed the Chinese cook, the poor bloke looked like he was melting all over the fajitas he was preparing.

As we were leaving - the owner (I guess he was the owner - all the staff suddenly became *twittery* and busy when he arrived - obviously had just got back from the cash and carry with bag loads of *ready washed salad* and ...... loo roll.

Favorite Dish: We had a green salad with chillis, tortillas and chunky potato wedges with dips, salsa, guacamole, and sourcream and chive. With a couple of cokes it came to 16.50GBP for two people.

Address: 2 Jamestown Road, NW1
Rating: 3
Theme: Mexican
Website: http://goodlifediner.com/

• Updated Jun 19, 2005

Comments

Mariajoy Was Born Here!

Have you been to London?