The Cantonese, Riverside: "Cardiff's Best Chinese Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Chinese Tip by aaaarrgh
Chinese, Cardiff: 10 reviews and 21 photos
Probably the best Chinese restaurant in Cardiff, and only five minutes walk from Cardiff Central Station - The Cantonese in Riverside. It is in the heart of Cardiff's small Chinese community, on a street of Chinese supermarkets and takeaways.
Located up a flight of steps on the first floor of a modest sized house, the restaurant area id very spacious, cleverly decorated with dragons racing around the ceiling. The bar is excellent too, right on the corner of the building with views up and down the street.
The restaurant's staff, all of Chinese origin, dressed in black, are friendly, helpful and humerous.
There is a MASSIVE menu, including seafood, vegetarian dishes, chicken, pork, beef, lamb, duck, veal... and usually a rather worried lobster in a large tank of water by the door, with its claws taped-up! We had the mixed starters (6 GBP each) and I had the lamb with ginger and spring onions for my main dish (8 GBP). The service is very stylish. For example we ordered some 'aromatic duck' pancakes for starters. The crispy duck was brought to the next-door table where the waiters proceeded to shred it there expertly and fold it into pancakes.
Address: 44 Tudor Street, Riverside, Cardiff
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Walk across the River Taff from the bus and train station. You will find yourself in Tudor Street. The Riverside Cantonese is a white building, about 200m on your right.
Phone: 029 20372163
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
More Restaurants in Cardiff (9)
More Reviews (50)
- See All The city of greedy seagulls!
- See All The Open Boat ~ friendly independent...
- See All Gigs in an old Church
- Cardiff's Parking Voucher System
- See All Norwegian Cardiff
- See All Cardiff International Airport
- See All Good value with added wild life!
- Match Days in the City Centre
- Left Luggage facility at Tourist...
- See All Fireworks, fireworks and more...
- See All Cardiff 's Colourful Indoor Market
- Best Stadium in Britain/Planet Earth?
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels