"Citadella" Top 5 Page for this destination Citadella - Citadel Tip by MedioLatino
Citadella - Citadel, Budapest: 29 reviews and 63 photos
The Citadella was made in 1851 by Franz Josef as a fortress from where he could shoot to both sides of the rebellious dual city.
The building was designed by Emanuel Zita and Ferenc Kasselik, but was far from being technicly modern even at that time. It was more to frighten the people then to actually be used as a war fortress.
The Citadella is 220m long, 60m wide and it's walls are 4m thick. The once fortress is now a tourist attraction. It offers a nice view on the city, but not forcliy better then from just outside...however it's worth to visit!
Address: 1st district, On top of Gellert Hill
Directions: Once up there, you just can'T miss it :)
Bus no 27 takes you up from Moricz Zsigmont korter.
More Things to Do in Budapest (68)
More Reviews (204)
- See All Programs in the city
- See All Critical Mass
- See All Karpatia - Tradition, quality, a bit too...
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All Another hang out area :)
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
- See All Iron stump - old message wall :)
- See All Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into...
- See All Pigeons
- Nothing special...really! :)
Been to Budapest?Share your travels with the world!
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels