"Roath Park Conservatory" Top 5 Page for this destination Roath Park Tip by aaaarrgh
Roath Park, Cardiff: 7 reviews and 14 photos
In the middle of the splendid Roath Park is a large tropical glasshouse. For a college project we had to choose a 'special place' in Cardiff, and Roath Park Conservatory was my 'special place'.
I guess it is about 10m by 30m in size. The greenhouse has been there for over 30 years and has a large pond, waterfall, 100's of mature tropical plants and some wildlife. During the week there are sometimes groups of schoolchildren being shown around. I occasionally go there to eat my sandwiches!
The pond has some massive koi carp, some weighing over 14kg. There are also some terrapins, a resident chicken and a Whistling Duck which.... erm... whistles!! Be warned the duck likes green shoes and trousers and may chase you if you are wearing this colour :-)
A unique, interesting place to visit. For its size it is not exactly cheap - £1.05 for adults and 55p for children and concessions.
And did I mention the Park? Roath Park has a large boating lake, flower gardens, a cafe and ice-cream vans. It is so important it is listed as 'Grade I' monument! So if its a nice day, maybe wander around the splendid park instead.
About 2 miles northeast of Cardiff city centre. Head for Albany Road, Wellfield Road, Ninian Road. You will need to cross under the Western By-pass, which nowadays divides the Park. Near the Youth Hostel. Buses 28, 29, 29B.
Address: In the Suburb of Roath about 2 miles NE
More Off The Beaten Path in Cardiff (6)
More Reviews (53)
- See All Old Country Pub with Great Food
- See All The city of greedy seagulls!
- See All The Open Boat ~ friendly independent...
- See All Gigs in an old Church
- Cardiff's Parking Voucher System
- See All Cardiff International Airport
- See All Good value with added wild life!
- Match Days in the City Centre
- Left Luggage facility at Tourist...
- See All Fireworks, fireworks and more...
- See All Cardiff 's Colourful Indoor Market
- Best Stadium in Britain/Planet Earth?
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels