"Green Pond and my top gardens" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Valeggio sul Mincio Things to Do: 158 reviews and 173 photos
There are 18 ponds in the Sigurta Gardens and each of those I was lucky to see looked different. This one, on my picture, was the most charming and hidden among green bushes and trees in northern part of the gardens. As the water had dark, deep green colour I called the pond Green Pond (Little Lake) or Laghetto Verde in Italian.
Yes, the Sigurta Gardens look pretty at many places, no doubt. But I've read in my leaflets that the Sigurta Gardens is considered, let me quote: "one of the five most amazing gardens in the world" and... I am not sure. I wonder, which are the rest four. Well, I hardly remember more than 10 amazing gardens ever visited by me.
My top 10 visited gardens (in random order):
1. Majorelle Gardens in Marrakesh, Morocco
2. Wilanow Palace, Warsaw, Poland
3. Oak Alley Plantation, Louisiana, USA
4. Monticello, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
5. Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina, USA
6. Château de Versailles, France
7. Myriad Botanical Gardens, Oklahoma City, USA
8. Jungle Gardens, Avery Island, Louisiana, USA
9. Hearst Castle, San Simeon, California, USA
10. Balboa park, San Diego, California, USA
Any more suggestions?
Well, I liked most the first 5. Hmm... I would rank the Sigurta Gardens outside my top 5.
MY WISH LIST
I looked at the pictures of world's top gardens in a book at my bookstore and there was no Sigurta Gardens there. But I would like to visit:
1. Bagh-e-Shahzde, Mahan, Iran (surprised?)
2. Bagh-e-Fin, Kashan, Iran
3. Levens Hall, Kendal, England
4. Portrack House, Dumfriesshire, Scotland
5. Keukenhof flower show park, Lisse, the Netherlands
6. Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
7. Two gardens, Suzhou, China
8. Temple gardens + Tokyo Palace imperial gardens, Kyoto, Japan
9. National Orchid Garden, Singapore
10. Ayrlies Gardens, Auckland, New Zealand
Wish me good luck, please :-)
Address: Via Cavour,1; 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio (VR),Italy
Directions: North of the town centre (10 - 20 min. on foot). Details in my transportation tip "To Sigurta gardens"
Phone: + 39 (45) 637-10-33
More Things to Do in Valeggio sul Mincio (56)
More Reviews (694)
- See All Brescia Airport
- See All Brescia Airport and Anne :-)
- See All Main course for the next visit
- See All Don't they like French language?
- See All At close distance!
- See All Flowers of Valeggio
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?Share Your Travels