The Tavern at Phipps: "I can't believe it's Mall Food!" Atlanta Restaurant Tip by MatthewMetcalfe

Atlanta Restaurants: 347 reviews and 337 photos

The Tavern at Phipps is a restuarant located at Phipps Plaza in Buckhead. Phipps is one of the finest Shopping Malls in Atlanta and is located across peachtree from Lenox, another upscale mall. I had never eaten here so I thought I would give it a try since I've heard such great things.

The Tavern offers a variety of upscale american food in a dark wood environment. People rave about the Tavern and after the first visit you'll see why. Great food and attentive service make this a great stop if you are in the area.

If entering from the outside of the mall (versus the inside entrance) not the revolving door that looks very old and revolves in the opposite direction from the standard doors.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the Blackened Shrimp BLT which was outstanding and came with a small potato farm worth of Fries.

My Cohort had the Carnegie Deli Pastrami Reuben which while not as large as the real Carnegie Serves up, it's still massive. The Pickle that came with it looked like a full size cucumber!

They also offer a fairly thorough wine list although I didn't try any of them.

Address: 3500 Peachtree Road, Phipps Plaza, Buckhead
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (404) 814-9640
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: American

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

MatthewMetcalfe Lives Here!

MatthewMetcalfe

“That's just my game...”

Have you been to Atlanta?