"Sigurta Gardens" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Favorite Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio General: 152 reviews and 154 photos

by matcrazy1

Favorite thing: We decided to visit famous Sigurta Gardens on the last day of the first official European VT-meeting, that is on Sunday 8th May, 2005. We took maybe 20-30 min. slow walk and when we reached the entrance, we got to know that the gardens need at least, say 3 hours. Some of us decided not to visit them due to lack of time. So, we had to say goodbye to a few folks :-(.

There were many people entering the gardens at sunny Sunday midday and almost no people a few hours later when we were leaving the gardens. No wonder, the Parco Giardino Sigurta is considered one of the most beautiful gardens in the world. At the entrance we had to wait maybe a few minutes to buy tickets (? 8.50 or ? 7.00 with a coupon from a leaflet available in local hotels).

Fondest memory: We had, maybe 2-3 hours walk around the gardens. I enjoyed my eyes looking at very well maintained green space, numerous colorful bushes, trees, flowers etc. but the best for me were talks with other VT-ers, I was lucky to know better this way.

• Updated Jun 6, 2005

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?