Uncle George's Cafe: "Uncle George will feed & entertain you" Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Sai Restaurant Tip by BorderHopper
Mae Sai Restaurants: 6 reviews and 6 photos
I'm not sure how to describe this place but it seems to be one of the more happening restaurants in Mae Sai (for a sleepy border town). There is no guarantee that this restaurant will still be in business when you get there but its worth a visit if you happen by it. There is a pool table in the back of the restaurant, loud music, a small bar, and a nice barbeque set up out front where they grill different assortments of meat such as beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, & prawns. I saw all types of people here. Thai border guards, western backpackers, and locals. It seems to cater mostly to travellers.
Favorite Dish: The owner has a large barbeque out front where he grills various meats, prawns, and shish kababs which are pretty good with some cold Singh beer.
Address: Sailom Joy Rd. left of the border crossing bridge
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Sailom Joy Rd. left of the border crossing bridge, parallel to the Sai river
More Restaurants in Mae Sai (2)
More Reviews (31)
- See All Rain Gear For Those South East Asian...
- See All Burmese Pagoda With View of Mae Sai
- See All You don't see the monks walking around...
- See All Japanese owned budget accommodation
- See All Mother Earth
- See All You Never Know Where a Road Will Lead...
- See All Fishing, Thai Style!
- See All Renting a Honda Motorbike in Mae Sai
- A shoppers paradise
- Opium Fields and Burmese Soldiers
- Your Burma Border Crossing....
- Find the river & you'll find your...
BorderHopper's Related Pages
Have you been to Mae Sai?Share Your Travels