Gus O'Conners Pub in Doolin: "Great Craic and music" County Clare Restaurant Tip by Cruefan

County Clare Restaurants: 20 reviews and 19 photos

Bust day at O'Conners
by Cruefan

We visited Gus O'Conners after we left the Cliffs of Moher. It was a great place to stop before we headed out on the Burren. We found the place to be friendly and met up with some Dutch tourists who were very interested about America.

The atmosphere was nice and stars of traditional Irish folk music were well represented on the walls. I also noticed many American license plates and shoulder patched from American police departments.
I also saw a Boston Red Sox poster in between two pictures on Co. Clare football championship photos, however this is only fitting since the Red Sox are world champions. The menu is varied with dishes like Irish stew cooked in Guiness to smoked Salmon. There are also favorites like hamburgers on the menu.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seafood chowder served with brown bread. It was nice and creamy with big chunks of seafood. I washed it down with a Carlsberg and I was ready to head out on the Burren

Address: Doolin, Co Clare
Comparison: about average
Directions: Directions are on the website below
Phone: +353 65 707 4168
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Cruefan

“Carpe Diem”

Have you been to County Clare?