"More Basics About Transit System" Berlin Transportation Tip by grishaV1
Berlin Transportation: 494 reviews and 556 photos
5. This I´ve just recently learned well, when given directions to a certain location someone might tell you "take the U-9 Osloer Straße to Berliner Straße Spandau direction to Charlottenburg then S-Bahn Wartenburg to Savignyplatz", this means you will need to get one train on the U-9 line headed in the direction to Osloer Str. In that station you will see two choices for the U-9, Osloer Str (the one headed in the direction on the map you are going) or Rathaus Steglitz. You would choose Osloer Str. get off at the stop Berliner Str. on the U-7 line, with changing choices to Spandau or Rudow. You would choose Spandau. Get off the next stop at Charlottenburg station. Go up from the U-bahn level, then head in the direction of the S-bahn station (sometimes the stations are all together leveling up like at Nollendorf platz or Zoologischer Garten for example or as in this case you have to walk a short distance to get to S-bahn °upper train° from U-bahn °under train°) . At the S-bahn station, choices of Wartenburg or Wannasee S-7 lines, take the Wartenburg direction towards Zoologischer Garten, getting off at Savignyplatz. Seems complicated writing it or reading it, but once you get used to the end line names chosing up or down, it will make sense to you.
6. You´ll find that most Berliners, unless going to places they know extremely well near there homes, will have detailed street maps of Berlin. The basic transit system is laid out very well, and once you know the basics of it, its a very easy one, but all the winding, seemingly without rhyme or reason little streets in between those points on the bus or train stops, can be very confusing. Ask a passer by if in doubt, its a lots easier than walking and walking and realize an hour later you were going in the wrong direction. So don´t be afraid to ask whether you speak German or not, or they speak English well or not, point on a map where you need.
More Reviews (59)
- See All Agression Level Differences
- If Your Looking For A Place To Swim
- See All Yet Another Italian Restaurant But...
- See All All Around the City on Weekends You Will...
- See All Zehlendorf
grishaV1's Related Pages
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels