Swensen's: "The Best Ice Cream in San Francisco" Swensen's Ice Cream Tip by mydreamquest

Swensen's Ice Cream, San Francisco: 4 reviews and 6 photos

Note the metrosexual enjoying Swensen, SF's best.
by mydreamquest

The first time I came here, an Italian girl (who happened to be a neighbor to San Francisco's Poet Laureate: Lawrence Ferlinfhetti) who I had a crush on, took me here and treated me for Ice Cream in exchange for me doing her English Essays for a class she took at City College of San Francisco. Needless to say, she had me wrapped around her pretty little finger back then. The funnier part was that I wrote an essay in her english literature class on Allen Ginsberg's "The Howl" a poem that was written in Berkeley and inspired by him staring out of the window in his prison at the time, some apartment on Bush Street.

I've heard many anecdotes about this great ice cream place near the windy part of Lombard Street in San Francisco's Russian Hill.

Recently, I read an article of a newspaper interview of Red House Painter lead singer/songwriter Mark Kozelek who took a journalist here.

The next picture after this has the list of flavors. I took the chocolate chip. A single scoop on a cone will cost you $2.45.

As there are hills everywhere, you will burn off all the fat you will eat from any ice cream you purchase here.

Health Code Violations

Favorite Dish: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream on a sugar cone.

Address: 1999 Hyde
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Hyde and Union Street in the Russian Hill area above North Beach.
Phone: (415) 775-6818
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Ice Cream
Website: http://www.swensensicecream.com/

• Updated Oct 21, 2005

mydreamquest Visits Here Frequently!

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Have you been to San Francisco?