"Entrance into SBC Park" Ball Park Tip by mydreamquest

Ball Park, San Francisco: 3 reviews and 3 photos

Entrance to SBC Park
by mydreamquest

Favorite thing: SBC Park is where the San Francisco Giants play their baseball games. SBC is a phone company used by most Northern California residents. It was formerly "Pacbell Park" but SBC purchased Pacific Ball Telephone Compnay so the stadium's name changed. There are sometimes rock concerts here too.

I recommend that if you want to see an intricate part of San Francisco culture, this is definitely a place to see it.

I like this picture as you see San Francisco's diversity in the fans coming into the stadium. If you want to avoid the crowd like this upon entering, arrive an hour before the game. This picture was taken as the game was starting and as SF's typical "fair weather fans" arrived fashionably late.

But we shouldn't be tough on SF fans. The traffic is very unpredictable in SF. When this picture was taken, there was a bicylclist protest known as "critical mass" to honor this bicyclists who have been killed by chaotic and over zealous SF city driving.

Fondest memory: January 1982, when I was at Candlestick Park when the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Dallas Cowboys 28-27. I remember how I was so happy, that I cried when Joe Montana tossed that 8 yard touchdown pass to Dwight Clark.

Americans love their football like the most foreigners love their soccer.

• Written May 28, 2005

Comments

mydreamquest Visits Here Frequently!

mydreamquest

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Have you been to San Francisco?