"National Park Service Ocracoke Silver Lake Docks" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Warnings Or Dangers Tip by grandmaR
Ocracoke Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 3 photos
List on the left:
1) Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am
3) Prohibited on Docks:
f) Fireworks of any type
g) Metal Detectors
h) Any commercial activity without a Commercial Use Permit.
5) Docks must be kept free of any and all personal property
6) Pets must be kept on leash at all times, except when on your own vessel
7) No more than two (2) vessels can be rafted together; and all vessels rafted together will register and pay their individual dockage and serice fees.
8) If you plan to take your vessel out of the day, then you must hand an "occupied" sign in your space; these signs are available at the Dockmaster's kiosk or at the Visitor's Center.
(rates are listed in the Sports Tip)
12) Safe Haven
The National Park Service docks on Silver Lake will be a "Safe Haven" with NO dockage fees being charged to any vessel during the time of "Gale Warnings for the waters up to 20 miles offshore". These Gale Warnings must be for the waters immediately adjacent to Ocracoke Island and the coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore of Ocracoke for this "Safe Haven" policy to be in effect. The determination of "Gale Warnings" will be made by the U.S. Weather Service as broadcast on NOAA Weather Radio channel KIG 77 in Newport, NC. All vessels still must register and pay any electric fees during "Gale Warnings".
#13 is down past the end of the picture.
The list on the right tells what facilities the NPS has on Ocracoke in addition to the boat docks including the Visitor's Center, Public Restrooms, Lifeguard Services and Campground.
The campground is open from April 9th to October 12th. Camping is only allowed at designated campgrounds. Camping on the beach overnight whether in a tent of in your vehicle is not permitted.
Phone: 800-365-2267 (campground)
More Warnings and Dangers in Ocracoke (1)
More Reviews (31)
- See All Air Strip
- See All Walking Tour #4 to #10 and #12 to $14
- See All Off Season Ocracoke
- Fishing Rod Racks
- See All National Park Service Docks
grandmaR's Related Pages
Have you been to Ocracoke?Share Your Travels