"Memorial of the revolution of 56 at the Parliament" Top 5 Page for this destination 1956 Memorial Tip by MedioLatino
1956 Memorial, Budapest: 13 reviews and 26 photos
On the 25th of October in 1956, during the uprise against the Communist's rule and the Soviets, hundreds of people fell dead due to the massive shooting from the neighbouring roofs.
The memorial is a symbolic grave for them. You will find it close to the Rakoczi statue on the left hand side of the Parliament (if you face the building from Kossuth square).
Address: 5th district, Kossuth ter
Directions: Underground No. 2 (red line) or tram No. 2: station Kossuth ter
More Things to Do in Budapest (68)
More Reviews (204)
- See All Programs in the city
- See All Critical Mass
- See All Karpatia - Tradition, quality, a bit too...
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All Another hang out area :)
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
- See All Iron stump - old message wall :)
- See All Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into...
- See All Pigeons
- Nothing special...really! :)
Been to Budapest?Share your travels with the world!
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels