Bar Caffe Olimpia: "Breakfast option near the Train Station" Venice Restaurant Tip by sue_stone

Venice Restaurants: 799 reviews and 1,029 photos

Bar Caffe Olimpia
by sue_stone

In May 2005 I spent one night in Venice, on my way to the huge European VT Meeting in Verona.

As I was leaving Venice earlyish in the morning to join the other VT'ers near Verona, I left my hotel too early for breakfast. But as I had a couple of hour trip ahead of me, I need some food before getting on the train.

Favorite Dish: I popped into Bar Caffe Olimpia, which is located just down from the train station. It is a fairly typical looking cafe, but I was presently surprised with the very warm and friendly welcome I received as I walked up to the bar. They didn't even laugh at me when I ordered an espresso and croissant in my dodgy Italian.

It was a busy little place - plenty of locals popping in for a quick coffee before heading off for a days activities.

And whilst I was standing at the bar, sipping my coffee I had one of "those" moments you have some times...when you just think - yes, this is what life is all about -and I love it!!

Price Comparison: least expensive