"Natural History Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Natural History Museum Tip by sue_stone

Natural History Museum, London: 115 reviews and 222 photos

stunning roof inside main hall
      stunning roof inside main hall
    by sue_stone

We headed to the Natural History Museum one day specifically to see an amazing wildlife photography exhibition that was on there. I am not a big museum fan...I get tired and bored pretty quickly, so just planned to see the pics and move on.

The first thing that blew me away was the building the houses the museum - it is magnificent. I have walked past it several times in the past - can't believe I never noticed it properly!! The inside is pretty special too.

This museum is the UK's national museum of nature and is filled with many amazing collections to interest even the most anti-museum person. I am very keen to get back to check out the dinosaurs...

It is a great place for the kids and there are several cafes for that mid - tour caffeine hit.

Oh, and the photography exhibition was excellent!

Can't believe it took me nearly 3 years to make it to the Natural History Museum - and even then I barely saw anything!! It is definitely on the list to get back to - soon!

Admission is free, except to special exhibitions.

Opening Hours:

Directions: Nearest Tube: South Kensington
Phone: 020 7942 5011
Website: http://www.nhm.ac.uk

• Updated Jan 14, 2007

Comments

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?