VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Budget Dining in Paris" Top 5 Page for this destination Dining & Drinking Tip by BeatChick

Dining & Drinking, Paris: 78 reviews and 80 photos

Hôtel Degrés - down rue du Haut Pavé
by BeatChick

Favorite thing: Due to the special ménu offerings at lunchtime, it is cheaper just to eat the lunch at some of the nicer restaurants rather than dinner. Plus, it makes a nice break in the sightseeing to have lunch at a nice restaurant.

Also, I do mostly crêpes from the crêpe vendors for breakfast, a lunch at a nice restaurant, and then dinner at a brasserie (because they are less expensive and you can linger or not). I like to get a quick start in the morning when my energy is high, take a nice break in the middle of the afternoon (1 or 2-ish) and then finish up at night in a place where I can relax but where I don't get too full (makes me too sleepy to walk back to my hotel).

I have an inexpensive restaurant list if you'd like a copy. Just e-mail me at:
mtwissc@yahoo.com
Please provide a good outside e-mail address because VT doesn’t seem to support Excel docs very well. Pretty much everything is under 30€. I can also send you a crêpe vendors list which helps out cheaply with hungry teenagers.

I find that the least expensive places are boulangeries (bakeries), patisseries (pastry shops), fruit stands, street markets, crêpe vendors, & salons de thé (tea salons); there are many of these on the list.

Fondest memory: Eating excellent budget meals at the following:
Angélina
Nectarine
Trumilou

Photo: Feb 2006

• Updated Mar 18, 2006

Comments

BeatChick Visits Here Frequently!

BeatChick

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Paris?