"Hôtel near Rue Cler" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Valadon Colors Tip by BeatChick

Hotel Valadon Colors, Paris: 355 reviews and 1 photos

Nearby rue Cler - just around the corner
by BeatChick

One street over from the Rue Cler in the 7th, sits the Hôtel Valadon, sister hotel to the Hôtel Latour-Maubourg. I stayed here April 2002 for 3 nights with my best friend, Kristin. We opted for fewer amenities on this trip but didn't sacrifice cleanliness or location.

It ran 85? per night for a single (about $78 USD) so it was certainly within a small budget. For a room with double beds the rate was 95 euros/night. Breakfast is included; your basic oj, coffee, hot milk, baguette, croissant, butter & jams. Breakfast was okay and the juice wasn't fresh-squeezed which I?d gotten spoiled on my first trip to Paris at another hotel.

I thought the rooms were a little smallish but it did have cable TV. We got a laugh over the sink bowl that's not EMBEDDED into the countertop but rests on TOP of it! We thought the 2 young ladies at the front desk were very professional, not the least bit rude, but not as friendly as I?d liked; I was hoping to come in direct contact with the owners, Maria & Victor Orsenne, who are well-known for their graciousness & have a fine reputation for hospitality & who I'd been e-mailing with for several months, but alas that didn't occur. Unfortunately, although they own this hotel, they spend their time at the Latour-Maubourg.

The decor is "moderne" which was kinda cool but the carpet was black, which was a little disconcerting, as I like to put baby powder on my feet due to walking all day long and I was worried about getting powder on the carpet. That detracted from the relaxation I was hoping to experience.

Unique Qualities: The nice thing about the Valadon, besides the cleanliness & the price, is that it's around the corner from rue Cler. It's a nice neighborhood, not far from bustling places, but not too close to noise. You have a choice of feather duvet or comforter.

Click here to see a photo of the hotel.

Photo Credit: Graciously on loan from the inimitable shrimp56

Address: 16 rue Valadon, , Paris, Île-de-France 75007
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: One street west of the bustling rue Cler within 5 mins walk to the Champ de Mars & 7-10 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower.
othercontact: 01 44 18 90 56 fx#
Phone: 01 47 53 89 85 ph#
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelvaladon.com

• Updated Mar 18, 2006

Comments

BeatChick Visits Here Frequently!

BeatChick

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Paris?