Hosteria Rumichaca - Cusco: "A Quiet Friendly Place in Cusco" Top 5 Page for this destination Cusco Hotel Tip by AKtravelers

Cusco Hotels: 134 reviews and 169 photos

THe Rumachaca Guesthouse is close to the center
by AKtravelers

As part of our arrangements to stay at Hosteria Rumichaca in the Sacred Valley, we also decided to stay at our hosts guest house in Cusco. This was very convenient, as it meant that we could handle all the logistics in one easy transaction.
The Cusco guesthouse is definitely the secondary property for Jose and Irene -- most of their attention is focused on the Urubamba property and it shows. However, The Cusco property is pleasant enough, very clean, located on a quiet side street, and run by Jose's ebullent brother Romero.
I cannot say enough good things about Romero. When everyone was tired and I was the only one who wanted to go out to dinner, he drove me to his favorite restaurants and recommended a mean for me. Although he spoke only Spanish, he was tolerant with our efforts and we had no problem communicating. His last words to us were "Mi casa e tu casa" and I truly believe he meant it.

Unique Qualities: The guest house has interesting historical furniture and photographs. It's location is only a short 10-minute walk to the Plaza de Armas, but it is far enough away from the fray to be very quiet. Each room has a little TV -- the only hotel room we had in Peru tyhat came with one. Of course, a TV is of minimal use to non-Spanish speakers, but we could decipher the weather.

Address: Cuzco Guest House: Avenida Pardo # 850 (Pasaje Espaqa) Phone/Fax: xx (5184) 22-4368
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast

• Written May 21, 2005

Comments

AKtravelers

“My plan:1. See the world 2. Have a beer”

Have you been to Cusco?