Momo: "Middle Eastern Bar & Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination London Nightlife Tip by sue_stone

London Nightlife: 1,242 reviews and 1,310 photos

Momo Tea Room
by sue_stone

Momo is a Middle Eastern Bar, Tea Room & Restaurant, located just off Regent Street in a quite little lane.

We recently met up with friends for some pre-dinner drinks in the 'Tea Room' section of this establishment.

The Tea Room is a colourful and happening bar. It has low chairs and tables, all packed in close together.

It was filled with people drinking alcohol (and tea) and smoking those big Turkish/Egyptian style pipes - this, coupled with the numerous cigarette smokers, and the cramped surroundings, did make for a pretty smoky bar : ((

On top of this it was very noisy too....not the greatest place to catch up with friends that we hadn't seen for 3 years...so, we didn't stay all night...

Momo is a happening place - it was full at 6pm on a Thursday evening. The drinks were expensive though, the service a bit indifferent and it was way too smoky for my liking.....but then, I am getting old and boring...

From all I have read though, the food in the restaurant is supposed to be excellent.

Dress Code: Well, it is a 'happening' place.....but they still let me in!

Address: 25-27 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BH
Directions: Located just off Regent Street.

Nearest Tube: Piccadilly Circus

Phone: 0871 075 1654
Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?