"Exclusively for guys?" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Local Customs: 45 reviews and 45 photos

by matcrazy1

When we finally met Luca (schlumpf) from Milan, Italy, we surely wanted to talk and he invited us for cofee/drink to Scaligero bar located next door to our Cacciatore hotel.

At first, I was a little bit surprised to see exclusively guys (mostly older than me) sitting in the bar. My wife, was the only woman there. It reminded me cheap, small bars/cafes/restaurants in Muslim countries and in small towns and villages in Greece, Spain and southern Italy. They always had local atmosphere and often offered some local, surprisingly good food and/or drinks. In Muslim countries (Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey) they sometimes offered seperate room (family room) for my wife and me and mostly didn't offer any alcoholic drinks (except in Turkey). But, no worries, women were always accepted in "guy's bars" in all countries I visited, though maybe better accompanied by a man in Muslim countries.

Well, Scaligero bar is a local, cheap bar and even more meeting place for local, mostly retired, guys to play cards, watch calcio (football), drink beer or wine, discuss various problems etc.

• Updated Jun 1, 2005

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?