Al Cacciatore: "Tortellini di Valeggio :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurants: 55 reviews and 54 photos

by matcrazy1

During our VT-supper, waitresses and waiters were running around our tables and offered numerous meals one by one including a few kinds of Italian pasta.

Favorite Dish: I liked especially tortellini on my picture. No wonder, Valeggio sul Mincio is famous for "Tortellini di Valeggio". Valeggio has become a really industrial town of pasta factories and restaurants.

I knew pasta, spaghetti, ravioli and lasagne, but, silly me, I didn't know that name "tortellini" before my visit to Valeggio.

So, let's me explain:

Tortellini is a ring-shaped stuffed pasta. It is similar to ravioli and usually stuffed with meat or, more rarely, cheese. Tortellini (singular tortellina) originate from the Italian region of Emilia (capital Bologna). They are usually served in a sauce or soup.

Keep in mind that similar word
"tortelloni" means a larger version of ravioli, and is usually stuffed with cheese and leaf vegetables, such as spinach.

Ravioli is probably the most popular type of pasta: small square cases of pasta filled with meat of cheese, which are cooked in boiling water. They are usually rectangular or circular in shape. A vegetarian option includes ricotta cheese and vegetables such as spinach in place of meat. The filling could be also potatoes.

Address: Via Goito n. 31; 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio (VR), I
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In center/downtown, follow direction signs (black letters on yellow) Cacciatore.
Phone: (+45) 795 0500; (+45) 795 0127
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?