Al Cacciatore: "What pasta is?" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurants: 55 reviews and 54 photos

by matcrazy1

I can't remember all, numerous, meals served for official VT-supper. But it started with antipasti and continued with pasti, opps... surely Italian pasta.

Pasta or better to say pastas served during the meeting were great! Pasta is basic food in Italian cuisine but for some silly folks, like me, almost everything is pasta in Italy! Well, there is no single word for pasta in my native Polish language. Isn't the word "pasta" unique to Italy? Anyway, let me explain what is exactly pasta.

Pasta is a food made from flour, water and sometimes egg which is cooked and usually served with a sauce, right? Less frequently, the term macaroni is used for the same products. Pasta is made in various shapes which hmm... have different names. Warning: the names are sometimes different in various regions of Italy.

Favorite Dish: This pasta on my picture was yummy... :-)

I knew well the following names: spaghetti, lasagne and ravioli. But I didn't know for example gnocchi, vermicelli or cannelloni. Well, gnocchi are often listed among pasta dishes. But they are quite different in ingredients (mashed potatoes) and mode of preparation.

To keep things in order let me say, that there are the following types of pasta:
- shaped
- tubular
- micro
- stuffed
- commercial
- strand noodles
- ribbon pasta noodles.
Details here. Haha, guess what kind of shape pasta is on the picture ?

Address: Via Goito n. 31; 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio (VR), I
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In center/downtown, follow direction signs (black letters on yellow) Cacciatore.
Phone: (+45) 795 0500; (+45) 795 0127
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?