"CONVENTO FRANCISCANO DE SANTO ANTONIO" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Things to Do Tip by RafaelTheSecond
Rio de Janeiro Things to Do: 1,158 reviews and 1,797 photos
In 1592 the St Francis Monks came to rio after teaching catholic religion to some indians in the State of Espirito Santo, they settled in a little house on the top of Carmo Hill, but only in 1608 they started to build a church that would be today a great and very beautiful Convent.
397 years later it is still part of our historical landscape and you can go there and see the beauty of our brazilian barroq and get to know a little bit of our History!
Saint Anthony is a very dear Saint in Brazil!;)
Address: LARGO DA CARIOCA - DOWNTOWN
Directions: Very easy to reach, take the subway and jump off in CARIOCA Station!;)
More Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro (97)
More Reviews (369)
- See All I AM BACK - THIS TIME SHOWING THE FORT...
- See All SOME USEFUL GROCERY STORES
- See All TO SEND A POST CARD
- See All NITEROI IS CHANGING...
- See All SURPRISES IN NITEROI
- See All IF YOU HAVE TIME IN RIO, WHY NOT?
- See All POPULAR SHOOPING AREAS
- See All CYBER CAFÉS - DO NOT GO TO HIS ONE
- See All BOHEMIAN ADVENTURE
- See All ANOTHER NICE APARTMENT IN COPACABANA
- THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU GO HOMRE...
- See All IF YOU ARE CLEVER DO NOT BUY
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels