Ristorante San Marco: "Italian food and great company :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurants: 55 reviews and 54 photos

RISTORANTE SAN MARCO - ENTRANCE
by matcrazy1

Ristorante San Marco is one of a few restaurants in Borghetto, a very picturesque hamlet of Valeggio sul Mincio.

INTERIOR
At first sight the restaurant inside didn't look great. It was simple large room with many, mostly large tables. Well, there is another, very charming and romantic, part of this large restaurant with smaller (up to 4 people) tables on the outdoor terrace overlooking the Mincio river. But first of all we - 9 people - wanted to be seated together.

SERVICE
Our waiters and the only one waitress (specialist on desserts) were just like they should be: kind, fast and helpful. Despite Borghetto is only a small dot on very detailed maps, and the staff was already at my, medium age, someone of them knew a little bit English. But thanks to Barbara (BarbaraForza) it was not necessary. And the menu was in Italian, English, Freanch and German although with no detailed explanations on meals.

DRINKS
We ordered beer and mineral water, then capuccino. Co ordered tea which was served with unusual and funny paper tea bag. German Beck's beer served in small bottles (? 2.50 each) was good although it's not my favourite premium lager beer.

WARNING
The restaurant is closed on Monday and Tuesday.

OUR BILL
9 pane e coperto (bread and cover) - ? 13.50; bad news: this is NOT a tip (customary 10%, uff... this is not 15-20% America), this is Italian thing, as I said "pane e coperto"
1 aqua (water) - 1.00
9 contorni (side dishes) - 31.50
4 dessert - 12.00
3 capuccino - 6.00
1 the - camomilla (tea) - 1.30
Total 184.90 = aprrox. 20.5 ? per person.

Favorite Dish: I. Antipasti = appetizers (? 8.50 each): charcuterie assortie = assorted, cold cuts ---> a very good appetizer.

II. Primi piatti (first course; ? 7.50 each)
We didn't order any, just in case there are... tortellini (soup, in cream souce, with butter),
cannelloni (stuffed rolls of noodle dough), fettuccine (noodles with tomato or mushrooms), tortelli di zucca (pumpkin-fillet ravioli), tagliolini (noodles with salmon). I'd try cannelloni, I never tasted them :-).

III. Secondi piatti (second course)
1. I had
Luccio con polenta (pike in rich with polenta) - ? 8.50. The fish was a little bit too soft and... cold as for me. I guess, I was crazy taking pictures when the fish was hot.
2. Urszula had
Salmone ai feri (grilled salmon) - ? 8.50 tasted very, very good - my recommendation!

Others had:
1. Ristecca di vitello ai ferri (grilled steak) - ? 7.50
2. Costata di manzo ai ferri (grilled sirloin steak) - ? 8.50
3. Cotoletta alla milanese (Wiener schnitzel - breaded veal cutlet) - ? 8.50
4. Branzino ai ferri (grilled bass) - ? 12.00
5. Coda di rospo ai ferri (broiled angler-fish) - ? 12.00.

IV. Dessert (? 3.00 each... if I remember well)
1. Urszula had a piece of
apple pie with chocolade & pear - wow! it was yummy... :-)))
2. I had just capuccino - good as almost always in Italy.

Address: Borghetto di Valeggio sul Mincio (VR), Italy
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In Borghetto, first restaurant on right when you walk from center of Valeggio sul Mincio.
othercontact: Fax: +39 (45) 637 06 50
Phone: +39 (45) 795 00 18
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?