"Those pesky Gypsy ladies!" Top 5 Page for this destination BEWARE AROUND CATHEDRAL Tip by suvanki

BEWARE AROUND CATHEDRAL, Granada: 22 reviews and 11 photos

Gypsy Rosemary sellers
by suvanki

Yes, everyone else has mentioned these ladies, so thought I'd add my twopennyworth!
I encountered them around the Cathedral area. Well I was well warned after reading other VTers experiences, so I was prepared!

I was approached by my first rosemary wielding lady, but I just said no and carried on with no problem. I spent quite a bit of time during my 2 days passing through this area, and although I was approached each time, didn't feel threatened. I did see a Spanish looking man get rougher treatment though, as one of these ladies grabbed his arm and appeared to be hurling some abuse/curses at him (but I don't know if he'd said something offensive to her first)

As someone else mentioned, most of the ladies look similar ie certain age, dark hair, aprons, skirts and T-shirt. However, I did spot a younger, thinner woman with blonde (bleached) hair in t-shirt and jeans wielding rosemary bunches too!
Has anyone ever purchased their proferred herb?

• Updated Jun 3, 2007

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Granada?