Orchid Thai Cuisine: "Pad Thai - oh my :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Restaurant Tip by kymbanm

Albuquerque Restaurants: 154 reviews and 228 photos

Kymba and Orchid eating by AlbuqRay

Kymba and Orchid eating by AlbuqRay
      A busy lunch hour ...
      Favorite Dessert! By AlbuqRay
    by kymbanm
      A sample of our meal-By AlbuqRay
    by kymbanm

I have been going to this restaurant since they opened a couple of years ago. They took time to redo the interior, and had local Thai Buddhist monks help by painting murals. They have a donation box for the local Wat, or Thai Buddhist temple by the register.

Their menu is practically a book! Page after page of choices ... when I can't make up my mind, I just ask my server for ideas. They will ask me a couple of questions, and end up bringing me a wonderful meal.

Favorite Dish: I love their Pad Thai - flavorful and filling... and each soup I have had the priviledge of ordering has been heavenly. I have to say my favorite thing every summer is the mango and sticky rice dessert . OMG! I have been known to just show up for that alone!

The orchids that decorate each plate has been cleaned appropriately as to be edible! I would never have known if AlbuqRay hadn't told me :)

Oh, and the Thai iced tea is a must!!!!!

Address: 4300 Central Avenue. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: On the south side of Central (old Rt 66), about 1 block west of Washington :)
Phone: 505-265-4047
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.orchidthaicuisine.com/

• Updated Sep 6, 2006

Comments

kymbanm Lives Here!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Albuquerque?