Albergo Al Cacciatore: "Psst... better breakfasts than at home!" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Restaurants: 55 reviews and 54 photos

by matcrazy1

Opposite to Urszula (matcrazy0), I am not a big fan of breakfasts. Well, good morning American-size coffee with a lot of European fat (2%) milk (in Italy always capuccino) is a must for me. Add something small, say, youghurt + banana (just in case you ever host me, don't take it too seriously, please). And it has to be enough for me on business days due to common lack of time in the morning. Although I work in what is called Eastern Europe, I am not allowed to be late at work :-(. And quick shower, shaving (lucky ladies!) and obligatory 3 min.! (right, dr.Firas ?) cleaning teeth takes at least 15 min. Additionally I live in not - American distance from my work (only 5 min. by car), thus, in contrast to my American friends, I can't enrich my diet with some fast food while driving. And unfortunately I have neither Dutch legs (recently) nor size (hopefully temporarily) to ride a bicycle to work. So, simply, I can't pay much attention to breakfasts at home. My stomach starts to cry for food, say, after 8.00 pm Central European Time :-(((.

Well, I used to eat much larger breakfasts on holiday unless it's extra paid (I do NOT like it, do you?). Luckily buffet breakfast in Cacciatore hotel was included in a room price :-) and quite good, better than at home :-))), psst... don't tell it to matcrazy0, never. It was served from 7.00 am till 10.00 am but due to some other events (wedding ceremony of not VT-ers, yet) we were asked to come between 8.00 and 9.00 am. Thanks to stomach of Urszula, crying for some food, we were usually among the first "breakfasters".

Favorite Dish: My highlights:

- definetely youghurts! packed in small glass jars (pink, fruit and white, milk one); excuse, hotel staff, it's something worth a take out; don't forget to take a spoon (from home!);

- capuccino served on request (not extra paid; ? 2.00 saved x 2 = 4 ? :-),

- always fresh dark (wholewheat?), small rolls,

- thin, well, very thin (almost transparent) slices of meat (what was that, prosciuto?) - served probably specially for fellow VT-ers = added exclusively in days of the meeting

- sweet bun for coffee (not a croissant though).

Others included honey, jam, boiled eggs, apples, orange juice, cornflakes or something similar (anyway, I don't like them since I was born!). There was nothing hot/warm served (I loved waffles in the USA). But it was enough for hungry morning folks not to be forced to eat full, large, Italian = 5 meal lunch.

Address: Via Goito n. 31; 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio (VR), I
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In center/downtown, follow direction signs (black letters on yellow) Cacciatore.
Phone: (+45) 795 0500; (+45) 795 0127
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Buffet

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?