"Take a Cruise on Lake Constance (the Bodensee)" Germany Favorite Tip by Paul2001

Germany Favorites: 553 reviews and 476 photos

Castle on the shores of Lake Constance (Bodensee)
by Paul2001

Favorite thing: An array of ferries cruiseships ply their way up and down the banks of Lake Constance. I highly recommend that you take one because I found it to be both relaxing and visually splendid experience. These cruiseships make their way from port to port many of which are important tourist centres were you can stop for a couple of hours to explore the sites.
Because of the awkward scheduling of the cruiseboat, I actually took a bus to Friedrichshafen from Lindau where I was based and caught the boat there. From I cruised to Meersburg and the Unterukldingen Lake Dwellings Open Air Museum. Along the way you can see numerous castles along the banks of the lake, some of which have been turned into hotels. The one problem that I had with the cruiseboats is that the schedules cannot fit into a itinerary that will allow you to see everything that is worth seeing on the shores of the Bodensee hence you should consider making more than one trip.

• Updated May 16, 2005

Comments

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Have you been to Germany?