Cafe le Ronsard: "Worst Food in Paris - Tourist Trap in Montmartre" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Restaurant Tip by BeatChick

Paris Restaurants: 2,594 reviews and 3,216 photos

Le Ronsard
by BeatChick

Our meal here was absolutely the worst food I've ever had in & out of Paris. So of course it was the worst meal I've had IN Paris. I highly recommend avoiding this place.

We were tired when we trudged to the top of rue de Steinkerque after some souvenir shopping in Montmartre. Here was this cafe at the top of the street right on the corner. It had a great view of the carrousel in the Place St-Pierre (that's featured in the movie Amelie) so we thought we'd give it a shot.

Unfortunately, I was too tired to remember my own caveat which is to not eat in touristy places in Paris. If a place is touristy, meaning filled with tourists & not full of locals & is near a major tourist site (and this one is near Sacre-Coeur) then you can pretty much bet that they're not going to do much to please the clientele by offering excellent food and service (two exceptions are Le Vieux Bistro near Notre Dame & Chez Ribe near the Eiffel Tower). Suffice it to say that le Ronsard is a complete tourist trap.

Not looking at the menu & too tired to want to drink a glass of wine I ordered & actually paid for a 6euro Coke here! Lesson learned! The only time I've ever had a Coke in Paris - LOL! So always be sure to check out the prices on le carte as well.

Photo: November 2007

Favorite Dish: NOTHing!! The rotisserie chicken tasted as if the chicken had gone bad and they thought to remedy the taste by cooking all the juices out of it so that it was dry, chewy, sawdust of a chicken. How on earth can you ruin poulet roti (roasted chicken)? I don't know but they figured out how to do it. We ordered french fries and the ketchup on the table (supposedly Heinz?) had soured to a vinegary flavor. Tres HORRIBLE!

I finally found the crèpes stand that sits across from Sacré Coeur - this is it! I decided to give it another shot and asked for a jambon & fromage crèpe. The lady asked me to wait 5 minutes. I went inside, ordered grand café crème and ate a croissant. Good thing, too, because when I came back outside to retrieve my crèpe she pulled one from the stack to reheat it. I asked her to make it fresh and she demurred. So no crèpe pour moi. The coffee and croissant were good, though!

Address: 13 place St Pierre
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the corner of rue de Steinkerque & fronting the Place St-Pierre, which is down the steps from Sacré-C?ur.
Phone: 01 46 06 03 38
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: French

• Updated Dec 2, 2007

BeatChick Visits Here Frequently!

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Paris?