"Sancerre Wine" Top 5 Page for this destination Dining & Drinking Tip by BeatChick
Dining & Drinking, Paris: 76 reviews and 70 photos
Favorite thing: I believe it was shrimp56 who advised me a few years back to try Sancerre wine. It's an excellent wine with which to start you wine education. It reminds me distinctly of Merlot BUT it?s French.
A versatile Loire wine, you may drink it as a red (rouge), white (blanc) or rosé; it's not too dry & is a smidgen fruity. The varietal is a pinot noir and is described as "Full ruby with a hint of garnet-red...Aromas of morello-cherries on brandy; leathery and smoky impressions...Pleasant first impression with evidence of tannin. This wine needs to round out while" aging.
But my advice to you is to drink as much Sancerre wine in Paris as possible!
Fondest memory: Last trip, I tried it in as many restaurants as I could find it: Le Vieux Bistro, Trumilou, and La Boulangerie.
Photo: August 2005
More General in Paris (34)
More Reviews (342)
- See All Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water...
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Philippe-Auguste Wall (l'Enceinte): Part...
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels