"Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume" Top 5 Page for this destination Jeu de Paume Tip by BeatChick
Jeu de Paume, Paris: 4 reviews and 9 photos
The Musee de Jeu de Paume once carried the Impressionist collections but now carries special exhibits. Last time I was there (April 2003), I attended a Magritte modern art/surrealist exposition with a dear friend of mine.
While the exhibit itself was wonderful I found the building itself to be stuffy due to no A/C which shouldn't be a problem in April but it was unseasonably hot that spring. The interior is decorated with all white walls to underscore the importance of the artworks.
And the Magritte works were fantastic! Getting to see works I've only seen in books was a tremendous thrill - sharing them with an arty friend even more so! My last trip, February 2006, I only passed around it admiring the exterior.
Named after the Palm Courts (much like tennis courts) that were once all the rage in Paris.
Not covered by the Museum pass.
Please click here to view a photo of the Jea de Paume.
Photos: Feb 2006
Address: 1 place de la Concorde 75008
Directions: Between Place de la Concorde & Jardin de Tuileries.
Phone: 01 47 03 12 50
More Reviews (314)
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Philippe-Auguste Wall (l'Enceinte): Part...
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels